‘Tis the season for holiday cheer, but it is also the season of snow, low visibility, and bad road conditions. As this is a time of year where tons of people travel great distances to spend quality time with family and friends, highway safety is a top priority for us all. That’s why Everblades has put together this list of safe driving tips for your holiday travels!
Winterize Your Windshield Wipers & Your Vehicle
If you are reading this blog, you are probably aware that Everblades makes a winter windshield wiper with heated elements to prevent ice and snow building on your wiper blades while you are driving. J The best thing you can do to prepare your vehicle for winter driving visibility is to install these winter windshield wipers. And if you are REALLY smart, you are bringing along Everblades on your travels as a great Christmas gift to warm your welcome.
But your windshield wipers aren’t the only part of your vehicle that should be winterized! Read one of our past blogs for reminders about vehicle winterization. And when you are getting ready to take your holiday trip, follow these tips:
- Check your tire pressure – proper pressure can save you gas money!
- Be prepared for worst case scenarios with an emergency kit.
- Check the weather forecast and try to time your drives for the best visibility and clearest road conditions.
- Make sure to brush all the snow off your car – a white covered car is hard to see on snow covered roads! Pay special attention to the headlight and taillight areas.
- Scrape the windshield fully, and wipe snow and ice off of your windshield wipers.
Drive Safe This Holiday Season!
Did you know that, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Christmas is one of the most dangerous holidays to be on the road? Three factors that really increase the dangers are drunk drivers, tired drivers, and congested roads. So make sure to stay sober, stay alert, and get plenty of rest before driving. You may be comfortable behind the wheel on slippery roads, but it’s hard to predict the actions of others.
- Turn your windshield wipers on, even if there is only a light dusting of snow fall. If you are using Everblades heated design, flip the on switch to keep the snow from building up on your windshield wipers.
- Turn your headlights on, even during daylight hours to help other drivers see you.
- Double the normal safe driving distance between your vehicle and the one in front of you.
- Allow extra time for traffic and road conditions – rushing is not only dangerous but stressful, and stressed drivers add to unsafe road conditions.
- UPS drivers recommend keeping your eyes moving instead of focusing in to help you keep up with traffic conditions and spot potential problems.
- Follow all the normal best practices – no drinking, no cell phone, no speeding – but remember that each is that much worse on winter roads.
- Fill your gas tank up, and don’t let gas fall below a quarter of a tank. You never know what will happen, and you don’t want to end up stranded in the cold. Plus, if you are traveling to a new area, you might be surprised by the distances between gas stations!
See Clearly with Everblades Winter Windshield Wipers!
With quality heated windshield wipers, you can enjoy greater visibility and safer driving this winter. When snow builds up on wipers, it leaves streaks and wet spots across your windshield. Not only is this annoying, but it presents you with blind (or at least blurry) spots that no driver should have to deal with. Get your Everblades Heated Windshield Wipers today to begin seeing clearly now!