Seeing clearly on the roads this winter can be more difficult than it sounds. Even with high quality winter windshield wipers, your windshield faces some pretty tough challenges. All that road salt and grime being sprayed up over your vehicle, iced over windshield washers, and frozen windshield wipers can leave you with a dirty, streaked windshield. But what can you do about it?
Option 1: The Yooper Windshield Snow Wash
Here in the cold and snowy climate of the Upper Peninsula, drivers can get pretty desperate to keep windshields clean. And when the truck in front of you sprays up a salty slush and your washer fluid isn’t working, what do you do? A Yooper snow wash, of course! Just in case you have never heard of such a thing, here’s the proper steps for cleaning your windshield with just snow and your windshield wipers:
- 1.Pull over to the side of the road carefully, and put vehicle into park. Back roads with nice, clean snowbanks are preferable!
- 2.Make sure to put your gloves on – snow is cold!
- 3.Walk over to the side of the road, and scoop up a big handful of snow. Beware dirty or debris filled snow – you don’t want to make the situation worse!
- 4.Toss the snow on to your windshield and spread around with your gloved hand.
- 5.Use a little bit of the snow to clean off the grime from your windshield wipers.
- 6.Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the windshield is sufficiently moistened.
- 7.Get back in vehicle and flip on windshield wipers. The snow and wipers work together to clear your line of sight.
- 8.Carefully pull back onto the road and continue on your journey.
- 9.Oops – five miles up the road, you encounter another big truck and your windshield becomes impossible to see through AGAIN.
- 10.Repeat steps 1 – 8.
As you can see, the Yooper wash, although fairly affective, is not the greatest solution for reaching your destination in a timely manner. Not to mention you are forced to brave the wild winter conditions, when you would much rather remain in your vehicle! So let’s discuss an alternative option…
Option 2: Pair Winter Windshield Wipers With Quality Washer Fluid
How about preventing a grimy windshield in the first place? Less steps, more effective solution, and no pulling over to play with roadside snow!
- 1.Install winter windshield wipers – Everblades Heated Windshield Wipers prevent snow and ice from building up on the wiper blades or wipers arms while you are driving, thus allowing for a cleaner swipe every time.
- 2.Fill your windshield washer fluid reserve with winterized washer fluid that won’t freeze in extreme temperatures.
- 3.When your windshield inevitably gets dirty from salty slush, simply push the washer fluid button and let your vehicle do all the work!
Just as you don’t wear a swimsuit in a snowstorm, your vehicle needs to be properly outfitted for the weather! Winter windshield washer fluid and winter windshield wipers work together to ensure the clearest line of sight for your windshield. Just be sure to clear off the snow from the windshield and hood of your car and fully scrape off glass before you hit the road. See clearly and drive safely!
Buy Winter Windshield Wipers Today!
Everblades Heated Windshield Wipers are specifically designed with quality materials and heated elements to ease the hassle of winter driving. With winter windshield wipers, you get an improved swiping performance without all of the streaks and a wiper blade that is built to withstand extreme temperatures and winter weather conditions! The heated elements of our winter blades prevent snow and ice from building up on your windshield wipers while you are driving, allowing you stay in your nice, warm vehicle instead of standing on the side of the road banging your wipers on the windshield.
Which sounds like the better option to you? Frozen windshield wipers, salty windshield and frequent road side stops filled with snow OR proper winter windshield wipers that actually help you to see clearer? Be smart and order your Everblades Heated Windshield Wipers today!